Services for Knowledge creation and Knowledge dissemination
INHERE believes that empowerment of human resources through knowledge and capacity building is the key to sustaining any development process. Strengthening the competence of people enables them to play an important and effective role in planning, implementation, maintenance and mentoring of the development process.
Trainings and Exposure Visits Offered:
INHERE has been working for over 25 years with communities of the Himalayan region and has created community based living models on watershed development, safe drinking water, water technologies suitable for mountain areas, community health, water harvesting, community forestry, organic agriculture, organic food processing, medicinal plants cultivation, value addition to medicinal plants, use of ferro cement for multi use low cost structures.
INHERE organizes training and exposure visits on above aspects for interested organizations and community groups on request. A mix of presentations and field visits is organized. Specialized trainings are also conducted on request.
INHERE has infrastructure for accommodating twenty persons on room sharing basis. It has two well established training centers at different locations.
Organizations who have availed these services in the recent past are:
- Uttarakhand Livelihood Programme for the Himalayas funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development.
- Uttarakhand Decentralised Watershed Development Programme of the World Bank.
- Department of Agriculture, Govt. of Sikkim.
INHERE takes up research and consultancy on areas related to rural development, community issues, socio-economic issues, natural resource development and management, agriculture, rural livelihoods, corporate social responsibility issues, development impact monitoring and evaluations.
Clients for these services have been:
- Department of Tribal Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Indian Council of Social Science Research, Northern Centre, New Delhi.
- PRADAN, New Delhi.
- National Education Centre, New Delhi.
- Oil and Natural Gas Commission.
- Policy Research Institute of India.
- Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations.
- India Canada Environment Facility Project of India and Canada.
- Directorate of Watershed Management, Govt. of Uttarakhand.
- UNDP and Ministry of Tourism Govt. of India.
- IDRC, New Delhi.
UNDP and Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India.